Sameer hawa ka jhonkaa.
Jab se aaya hoon, ye do naam hi sun raha hoon. Amar-Prem. Amar-Prem.
Hum yahan ke Robin Hood hain, naam hai Chulbul Pandey.
Radhey naam hai mera.
Show me an Indian who has not heard these dialogues and I will show you a liar.
The kahaani ka keeda:
While cleaning the utensils and listening to ‘Jumme ki raat’ song on her mobile, my kaamwaali bai Lata commented in the morning today,
Half-sleeping-half-watching-tv-half-munching-khakhras, I just about managed to raise my eyebrow and give a puzzled wtf expression. She continued…
“Salman Khan!? Changeee?! Bhaiiii? Nahi samjha tumko”
I managed a faint “kuch bhi kya!”
After downing 2 cups of kadak desi chai, I managed to open my eyes and there she was again, sitting in front of me chopping onions and still obsessing over her Sallu.
“Didi, 25 july ko mein late se aayegi, hum log Sallu Bhai ka movie Kick* dekhne ko jaa rahe hain”
“Haan haan thik hai” I mumbled.
After she left, I began to think about the effect this man has on people across all strata of society. During the ChangeBhai conversation, Lata, of course was referring to his change making ways and his charities. He is just not another superstar for them. Speak to the street urchins on Bandra Bandstand and you will know what I mean.
Let’s do a fun task, the good ol’ Fill-In-The-Blanks.
Try filling these blanks.
- Dosti Ka Asool hai madam. No ______. No __________.
- Agar tum mujhe yuhi dekhti rahi, toh tumhe _________________________.
- Hum pe ek ehsaan karna, ki _____________________________
- Ek baar jo maine commitment kar di, toh __________________________.
- Hum tum mein itne chhed karenge ki ________________________-
Got a 5 / 5 kya ?. Being a true blue Sallu fan, I can answer these questions even in my sleep.
Now, let’s try this:
1. Name of the job portal launched by Salman Khan last month ________________
2. His charity brand Being Human works in the field of Healthcare & ___________________
3. Salman khan donated ______________ to the drought hit districts in Maharashtra last year
4. He joined hands with a leading hospital, Fortis to launch an initiative called __________________ to provide free treatment to children with heart defects.
5. He donated _____________ to young children who walked 5-6 kms to their school in Wai.
Kya score aaya? #NoComments. If we can follow this man’s movies religiously, why can’t we do the same for his change making ways and in the process, be a part of the change that he is envisaging. I say, let’s do our small bit and help Kick* all the problems out of our country. Do visit www.ChangeBhai.in and report some issues around you.
*Releasing on 25th July at a theater near you. @Kick Producers, hamara cut bhej dena.
Disclaimer: If you are a die-hard Shahrukh Khan fan, a bollywood hater or a wannabe online cribber, you may choose to jump straight to the last line. Oops. This is the last line. Should have placed it on top. Sorry.
No sorry. No thank you. Dosti ka assool.